The year-end spectacular at Blythedale Children’s Hospital has come to a close… and everyone on the show is now truly in the Christmas spirit after helping to bring such joy to the children.
Obviously, the performances by Rob Thomas, Cyndi Lauper, Holiday Express, Mark Rivera, Six13 and Lucinda & Michael were fantastic,you heard those on the broadcast (we hope!) – but the REAL highlight of the morning was when Michael Scott Shannon himself sang Elvis’ “Blue Christmas” for the kids – and they LOVED it!
Check out some of the great photos and video clips below that Joey from Staten Island put together for everyone who couldn’t attend.
Thank you to our pal “YouTube” Neil Vitale for sending us this great footage! And thank you to everyone who came out, called, texted, Tweeted and commented to show their support for the wonderful kids at Blythedale Children’s Hospital. It was truly an honor to be a small part of bringing so much joy to so many incredible children.
Over the past 18 years, Scott Shannon and his morning show crew have celebrated a holiday tradition; a LIVE Broadcast featuring top musical artists and acts, along with a Rock-N-Roll Charity Auction to help raise money to support Blythedale Children’s Hospital located in Westchester, NY. Founded in 1913, Blythedale is a very special place and the staff is an amazing group of individuals who truly care for the kids who often spend their entire childhood there. This annual broadcast is one of the most listened to radio broadcasts of the year and the goal is to not only entertain the sick children at Blythedale & our 3+ Million CBS-FM listeners in the tri-state area, but to help raise funds for the hospital.
In the past, concert promoters and local sports & entertainment venues have pitched in to help by donating items for our Rock-N-Roll Charity Auction. Past artists who have donated their time include musical legends, Jon Bon Jovi, Dave Matthews, John Mayer, Jason Mraz, Pat Monahan of Train, The Fray, Gavin DeGraw, Darlene Love, and Tony Bennett, just to name a few! Rob Thomas of Matchbox Twenty who has entertained the kids for many years, will be with us again too.
This year the broadcast took place on Friday, December 19th from 6am-10am.
- ROB THOMAS
- CYNDI LAUPER
- MARK RIVERA (FROM BILLY JOEL’S BAND)
- LUCINDA & MICHAEL
- TIM MCLOONE & HOLIDAY EXPRESS
- A VISIT FROM SANTA CLAUS IS EXPECTED TOO!
- “A BILLY JOEL VIP EXPERIENCE” – A PAIR OF TICKETS TO SEE BILLY JOEL AT MSG FEBRUARY 18th WITH BACKSTAGE PASSES
- A SPECIAL EDITION LES PAUL GUITAR AUTOGRAPHED BY JON BON JOVI
- “THE ULTIMATE THANKSGIVING VIP EXPEREINCE” – 4 VIP TICKETS TO THE 2015 MACY’S THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE. TICKETS INCLUDE PRIME SEATING TO VIEW THE PARADE IN ITS ENTIRETY
- A 14 SEAT SUITE AT IZOD CENTER FOR MAROON 5. PACKAGE INCLUDES 14 TICKETS FOR YOUR VERY OWN PRIVATE VIP SUITE TO SEE MAROON 5 LIVE IN CONCERT AT IZOD CENTER ON MARCH 8, 2015
- “A SOPRANOS LUNCH” – JOIN WISE GUYS STEVE SCHIRRIPA & SCOTT SHANNON FOR AN INTIMATE LUNCH WITH 3 OF YOUR FRIENDS AT DREW NIEPORENT’S TRIBECA GRILL ALONG WITH AN UNCLE STEVE’S PASTA SAUCE GIFT BASKET FILLED WITH UNCLE STEVE’S PASTA SAUCES & LOTS OF AUTOGRAPHED MERCHANDISE BY SOPRANOS STAR, STEVE SCHIRRIPA
- “THE ULTIMATE NEW YORK GIANTS VIP EXPERIENCE” – 4 VIP PASSES TO SPEND THE DAY AT 2015 GIANTS TRAINING CAMP AND A FOOTBALL AUTOGRAPHED BY ANTREL ROLLE
- A “ROCK & ROLL HALL OF FAME 6- PACK” – A PAIR OF VIP TICKETS FOR BILLY JOEL, A PAIR OF VIP TICKETS FOR THE WHO AND A PAIR OF VIP TICKETS FOR JOHN MELLENCAMP, DONATED BY AEG LIVE
- A TAYLOR GUITAR AUTOGRAPHED BY ROB THOMAS
- 4 VIP TICKETS TO A TAPING OF THE OZ SHOW
- 4 TICKETS TO A TAPING OF “THE CHEW”
- 4 VIP TICKETS TO SEE THE BEACH BOYS AND AMERICA AT THE NYCB THEATER AT WESTBURY
- “RUTGERS ALL ACCESS FAN PACKAGE” – INCLUDES 4 TICKETS TO OPENING DAY NEXT SEASON, 4 PRE-GAME SIDELINE PASSES, A PARKING PASS, A PACK OF RUTGERS GOODIES & A POSTGAME TAILGATE WITH JOE NOLAN!
- “A NIGHT OUT IN THE CITY” – 4 TICKETS TO SEE “MAMMA MIA” ON BROADWAY FEBRUARY 7th AND A $200 DINING CERTIFICATE TO TRATTORIA DOPO TEATRO.
If you would like to partner with us in the future, please contact Louis Pulice @ email@example.com. Blythedale Children’s Hospital is recognized as a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. As such, your donation is tax deductible under the amount permissible by law.
THE KIDS THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
About Blythedale Children’s Hospital
- New York’s only freestanding, specialty children’s hospital dedicated to improving the health status and quality of life of children with complex medical illnesses and disabling conditions
- New York State’s largest hospital-based pediatric therapy department (PT, OT and Speech) providing intensive and innovative multi-disciplinary clinical and therapeutic care to help children achieve their medical and rehabilitative goals for independent living, and return to their communities
- Blythedale is also the only Hospital in New York State with its own, on-site public school district.
For more information about Blythedale Children’s Hospital, visit www.blythedale.org.
Read More Music News On WCBSFM.com: