By Radio.com Staff
The death of music icon Prince was caused by an opioid overdose, according to a tweet from the Associated Press.
BREAKING: Law enforcement official tells AP that tests show Prince died of an opioid overdose.—
The Associated Press (@AP) June 02, 2016
The iconic artist’s body was discovered on April 21 at his Minnesota estate Paisley Park. He was 57 years old.
Prince Rogers Nelson has sold over 100 million records worldwide, won seven GRAMMY Awards, a Golden Globe, and an Academy Award. He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2004. His long string of hits includes “1999,” “Little Red Corvette,” “When Doves Cry,” “Let’s Go Crazy” “Purple Rain” and “Kiss.”