Elvis Costello will help The Who close their big Quadrophenia & More North American tour with a bang. Costello & The Imposters will join Townshend, Daltrey and co. for the tour’s new closing night, a Teen Cancer America fundraiser concert dubbed Who Cares.
The show will take place February 28 at NYC’s Theater at Madison Square Garden, and will benefit TCA and the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. Specifically, proceeds will go towards developing units in hospitals that will help produce more positive outcomes for teen cancer patients.
Although The Who has worked with Teenage Cancer Trust in the U.K. for over a decade, this benefit show marks the band’s first collaboration with Teen Cancer America.
Tickets will be available on Ticketmaster starting February 2.
-Maria Bonello, WCBS-FM NYC
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Daisy Ridley Plays ‘Star Wars’ Theme on Kazoo: Watch
- Michael Jackson’s ‘Blood on the Dancefloor’ Video Gets ‘Cirque du Soleil’ Update
- Elton John to Be Honored with GRAMMY Tribute Show
- The Doors Set to Release Final Filmed Concert from Isle of Wight
- Richie Sambora Talks Bon Jovi’s Hall of Fame Induction & Reunion
- Will Smith Says We are in the Darkness Before the Dawn