A little “sugar, spice and everything nice” will return to TV this year for a revival of the popular Cartoon Network show Powerpuff Girls, which will also feature the voice of The Beatles’ Ringo Starr.
Starr recorded an original song for the special, “I Wish I Was A Powerpuff Girl.” He will also voice the character Fibonacci Sequins, described as “Townsville’s most famous flamboyant mathematician.”
Cartoon Network announced in a press release that they’re bringing back the adorable, bug-eyed crime fighting trio — Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup — in a redesigned CG animated special. The original cast will reportedly return to voice their iconic roles.
The beloved Emmy-winning animated show ran for six seasons on Cartoon Network from 1998-2005 and will make its first return to TV in eight years.
This isn’t Ringo’s first time getting animated, of course: Starr and the Beatles were featured in their own Saturday morning cartoon, and later, in the film Yellow Submarine. In both of those instances, voice actors subbed in for the Fab Four. More recently, Starr and his former bandmates were featured in The Beatles: Rock Band.
— Britt Bickel, K-EARTH
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Win A Copy Of ‘The Vietnam War’
- Hall & Oates’ John Oates Explores Americana on New Solo Album
- Gene Simmons Banned From Fox News Headquarters… For Life
- U2 Release ‘American Soul’ Featuring Kendrick Lamar
- Watch KISS’ Gene Simmons Confront Heckler at Solo Show
- Fleetwood Mac Detail Self-Titled Album Deluxe Reissue