CBS-FM has a fun feature called Turntable Tuesday. Once an hour, we play an “oh wow” record from vinyl. I feel like Dr. Johnny Fever when I “cue up” a record.
The Boeing 747 went into service on this day in 1970 (January 22) on Pan Am’s New York to London route. Although the song mentions the 707, we think the Steve Miller Band‘s “Jet Airliner” works just fine as a tip of the hat to the legendary 747.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Win A Copy Of ‘The Vietnam War’
- Hall & Oates’ John Oates Explores Americana on New Solo Album
- Gene Simmons Banned From Fox News Headquarters… For Life
- U2 Release ‘American Soul’ Featuring Kendrick Lamar
- Watch KISS’ Gene Simmons Confront Heckler at Solo Show
- Fleetwood Mac Detail Self-Titled Album Deluxe Reissue