Christmas is right around the corner and that can only mean one thing: Darlene Love‘s annual Holiday phone call to the Dan Taylor morning show. This time of year is typically busy for the 2011 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee, and 2012 proves to to be the same.
Darlene will be making her 26th appearance on The Late Show with David Letterman tonight, and of course she will be singing her #1 holiday classic “Christmas (Baby Please Come Home).” The following night (12.22), Love will be at NJ Pac for her “Love For The Holidays” show, featuring special guests Sissy Houston, Mary Wilson of the Supremes and Steven Van Zandt… well, that’s if Van Zandt isn’t preoccupied with the Rascals.
“Well he might stop by. He’s got thing thing with the Rascals he’s been doing,” says Love. “And what happened, they had like three or four days and it got so good that they just kept extending, extending, extending… right to my date… hopefully he’ll get a chance to stop by.”
Listen top the full interview and hear about Darlene Love’s post-holiday show at 54 Below Night Club on January 11th and the premiere of the documentary “Twenty Feet from Stardom,” featuring her at the Sundance Film Festival in Utah.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Win A Copy Of ‘The Vietnam War’
- Hall & Oates’ John Oates Explores Americana on New Solo Album
- Gene Simmons Banned From Fox News Headquarters… For Life
- U2 Release ‘American Soul’ Featuring Kendrick Lamar
- Watch KISS’ Gene Simmons Confront Heckler at Solo Show
- Fleetwood Mac Detail Self-Titled Album Deluxe Reissue