It’s been over a decade since Cher’s released her last album, but fans can look forward to new music in the new year.
Cher’s record label, Warner Bros., has confirmed to Billboard that her as-yet-untitled album would be out in March 2013.
Though the label gave no other details about the release, Cher has already hinted on Twitter that the follow-up to 2001’s Living Proof will be full of eclectic dance songs. No one song sounds the same, she says, but they will be full of “big ass choruses, some heart rippers!”
Last month, she even gave fans a taste of her new record with the release of “Woman’s World,” a club thumper that acts as a women’s empowerment anthem and shares a few similarities with “Your Body” by Christina Aguilera, who co-starred with Cher in the 2010 movie Burlesque.
Listen to the song below and let us know what you think of Cher’s latest.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Daisy Ridley Plays ‘Star Wars’ Theme on Kazoo: Watch
- Michael Jackson’s ‘Blood on the Dancefloor’ Video Gets ‘Cirque du Soleil’ Update
- Elton John to Be Honored with GRAMMY Tribute Show
- The Doors Set to Release Final Filmed Concert from Isle of Wight
- Richie Sambora Talks Bon Jovi’s Hall of Fame Induction & Reunion
- Will Smith Says We are in the Darkness Before the Dawn