The second song from the Rolling Stones’ recording session in Paris back in September has hit the web, ahead of its official release today.
Titled “One More Shot,” the upbeat track is far less political than the “raunchy rocker” “Doom and Gloom,” the first song to be revealed from the Stones’ new recording sessions.
The song is equal parts “Start Me Up,” “Jumping Jack Flash” and “Street Fighting Man,” with an easy, feel-good groove to it. It’s a singalong track with a bit of backup vocals filling out Jagger’s voice, and there’s a slight country-blues feel to it. “Give me one more shot/That’s all I got,” Jagger sings. Listen below.
“One More Shot” and “Doom and Gloom” appear on the Stones’ upcoming GRRR! greatest hits compilation, out November 13th. They were recorded during the band’s four-day recording session with longtime producer Don Was last month in France.
What do you think of the Stones’ new song? Tell us in the comments section below!
– Jillian Mapes, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Gene Simmons Denies Sexual Assault Claim
- Daisy Ridley Plays ‘Star Wars’ Theme on Kazoo: Watch
- Michael Jackson’s ‘Blood on the Dancefloor’ Video Gets ‘Cirque du Soleil’ Update
- Elton John to Be Honored with GRAMMY Tribute Show
- The Doors Set to Release Final Filmed Concert from Isle of Wight
- Richie Sambora Talks Bon Jovi’s Hall of Fame Induction & Reunion