CBS-FM got a little face … er, uh … voice lift this week as it welcomed a new member to the Deep Voice Team. Joining Ziggy will be Earl Mann, a name that might not ring a bell, but whose voice will set off sirens once it you hear it.
Remember those epic NFL Films VHS tapes (YES, we said VHS) that highlighted a teams season in an hour with slow motion montages of game highlights while that perfect voice offered insightful commentary? That’s Earl Mann. If you’re from the New York/New Jersey area, you probably have the tapes covering the New York Giants Championship seasons from 1986 and 1990 (Phil Simms going 22-25 for 3 TDs in ’86 and “WIDE RIGHT” from ’90).
Mann’s voice (and face!) were also featured in Late Show with David Letterman promos in the late 1990s.
Mann also has some movie cred on his resume. He was an attorney in Terminal Justice, the narrator in The Comeback and Idiocracy (2006), where his serious tone made the loony narrating comedy gold.
Want to know what Earl Mann will sound like on CBS-FM?
Here’s a sample!
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Daisy Ridley Plays ‘Star Wars’ Theme on Kazoo: Watch
- Michael Jackson’s ‘Blood on the Dancefloor’ Video Gets ‘Cirque du Soleil’ Update
- Elton John to Be Honored with GRAMMY Tribute Show
- The Doors Set to Release Final Filmed Concert from Isle of Wight
- Richie Sambora Talks Bon Jovi’s Hall of Fame Induction & Reunion
- Will Smith Says We are in the Darkness Before the Dawn