Her name may not be Caroline, but Neil Diamond sure is sweet on his new bride. The 2011 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee, 71, married his manager Katie McNeil, 42, on Saturday (April 21) in Los Angeles, his rep confirms to People.
Diamond took to his Twitter to celebrate the “magical” ceremony with family and friends, just as he did with his engagement to McNeil back in September.
Katie and I got married last night, we wish you all could’ve been there. It was magical! Love, Neil
— Neil Diamond (@NeilDiamond) April 23, 2012
Good news coming from sunny LA/ and you’re the first I want to tell/ Katie & I just got engaged/ and I hope you wish us well. Neil
— Neil Diamond (@NeilDiamond) September 7, 2011
The wedding was Diamond’s third and McNeil’s first. The “Cherry, Cherry” singer and famed songwriter was previously married to Jayne Posner (from 1963 to 1969), with whom he has two daughters, and Marcia Murphey (from 1969 to 1995), with whom he has two sons.
In addition to serving as Diamond’s most recent manager, McNeil produced his 2009 live concert film, Neil Diamond: Hot August Night NYC.
Diamond kicks off a U.S. tour June 4 and stays on the road all summer.
–Jillian Mapes, CBS Local
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Diana Ross Accepts Lifetime Achievement Honors at the AMAs
- Diana Ross Accepts Lifetime Achievement Honor at the AMAs
- Christina Aguilera Celebrates 25 Years of ‘The Bodyguard’ with Soundtrack Medley
- Win A Copy Of ‘The Vietnam War’
- Hall & Oates’ John Oates Explores Americana on New Solo Album
- Gene Simmons Banned From Fox News Headquarters… For Life