NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) – Dick Clark, who brought Times Square into the homes of countless millions every New Year’s Eve, has died.
He was 82.
According to a statement from his publicist, Clark died of a massive heart attack.
Clark entered a Santa Monica hospital last night for an outpatient procedure, his publicist said. Attempts to resuscitate him were unsuccessful.
Clark is survived by his wife Kari and children RAC, Duane and Cindy, his publicist said.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Glenn Frey’s Widow Files Wrongful Death Suit Against NYC Hospital
- 5-Year-Old Dancer Rocks Cavalier-Warriors NBA Game: Watch
- Paris Jackson Cried Like a Baby Meeting Paul McCartney: See the Photo
- GRAMMY Awards: How Are the Trophies Actually Made?
- Prince Tribute to Feature Previously Unreleased Recordings
- 15 Artists That Have Never Won a GRAMMY… But Should