NEWARK, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — Whitney Houston‘s funeral is costing the city of Newark tens of thousands of dollars in police overtime.
And some taxpayers say as much as they loved the pop star they’re not happy about footing the high security costs, reports CBS 2’s Christine Sloan.
Houston’s family brought her back to Newark, where thousands of people lined the streets to get a glimpse of the hearse carrying her body. Fans even tried to get close to the church where her private funeral was held.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Win Passes Into A ‘Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle’ Advanced Screening
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade: Everything You Need to Know
- Adam Sandler’s ‘Thanksgiving Song’ Revisited
- Bob Seger Talks Health Issues & New Glenn Frey-Inspired Album
- Eleven Gifts for Every Kind of ‘Stranger Things’ Fan on Your Holiday Shopping List
- Gene Simmons Apologizes to Fox News for Bizarre Behavior