Bruce Springsteen recently worked with the Massachusetts and Rhode Island chapter of the Make-A-Wish Foundation to brighten one family’s day. Springsteen and The E Street Band were in Boston on March 26 for a concert at the TD Garden. While he was in town, he gave one young child a gift he won’t forget.
Five-year-old Carter Bernhard suffers from Spina Bifida and wanted to meet Springsteen; he’s been a fan ever since he saw Bruce and The E Street Band on the Super Bowl’s Halftime show in 2009.
So, the Make A Wish Foundation arranged for the meeting. Carter traveled to Boston in a limo, had a VIP dinner and then a meet and greet with Springsteen backstage. Bruce also gave Carter an autographed guitar.
This story was first reported by CBS Boston.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Daisy Ridley Plays ‘Star Wars’ Theme on Kazoo: Watch
- Michael Jackson’s ‘Blood on the Dancefloor’ Video Gets ‘Cirque du Soleil’ Update
- Elton John to Be Honored with GRAMMY Tribute Show
- The Doors Set to Release Final Filmed Concert from Isle of Wight
- Richie Sambora Talks Bon Jovi’s Hall of Fame Induction & Reunion
- Will Smith Says We are in the Darkness Before the Dawn