According to the Hollywood Reporter, a small, private service will be held for Jones’ family, including his wife Jessica Pacheco. TMZ reports that Davy’s body will be cremated, though the family has not made a decision as to what they will do with the ashes.
Jones passed away last week at the age of sixty-six from a major heart attack. He was down in Florida with his family horseback riding and had shown no signs of health related issues.
Former Monkee Micky Dolenz said he and the surviving members will most likely not attend the service, respecting the families wishes to avoid a media frenzy. Public memorials are being planned for New York and the UK, and Dolenz hopes the remaining Monkees can reunite for a performance in memory of their friend.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Alice Cooper Spotlights Fans in ‘The Sound of A’ Video
- Watch ‘The Walking Dead’ Star Tom Payne Sing R. Kelly & Aerosmith
- The Go-Go’s Musical Heads to Broadway, Gwyneth Paltrow Co-Producing
- Win Tickets To See Foreigner At PNC
- Win Tickets To See Jeff Lynne’s E L O Live Tour At MSG
- Win Passes To A Screening Of ‘Downsizing’ + An Omaha Steak
- Win Tickets To See The Temptations At NYCB Theater
- Artists React to Doug Jones Victory in Alabama
- Bon Jovi, Dire Straits, The Moody Blues, The Cars to Join Rock Hall
- Tina Turner Plots New Autobiography ‘My Love Story’