The 2012 GRAMMY Nominees album will be released digitally and in stores January 24, 2012. The album features 22 smash hits that represent nominees for many of the most widely recognized GRAMMY categories, including Record Of The Year, Album Of The Year, Best New Artist, Best Country Album and Best Pop Duo/Group Performance. Artists include Adele, Katy Perry, Amy Winehouse and Foster The People.
Universal Republic Records and The Recording Academy have paired together to release the album. This will be the 18th edition of the best-selling collection. A portion of the proceeds from the album benefits the MusiCares Foundation and the GRAMMY Foundation – both of which were established by The Recording Academy.
MusiCares provides services and resources to musicians in need. Programs range from financial assistance to medical aid to senior housing, with a focus on bettering the musical community. The GRAMMY Foundation aims to further the understanding and appreciation of recorded music as a part of American culture. Its programs engage the industry and general public, spotlighting the importance of music in schools and the preservation of our rich heritage, among other issues.
This year’s GRAMMY Awards will take place on Sunday, February 12 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles and air on CBS.
2012 GRAMMY Nominees Album Tracklist:
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- ‘Partridge Family’ Star David Cassidy Dead at 67
- Chief Hopper From ‘Stranger Things’ Dances to Rock and Roll Favorites: Watch
- Neil Young Plotting Tiny Surprise Concert ‘Somewhere in Canada’
- KISS’ Paul Stanley Slams Marilyn Manson Over Charles Manson Cover
- Eagles Announce 2018 Tour Dates
- Diana Ross Accepts Lifetime Achievement Honors at the AMAs
- Christina Aguilera Celebrates 25 Years of ‘The Bodyguard’ with Soundtrack Medley
- Win A Copy Of ‘The Vietnam War’
- Hall & Oates’ John Oates Explores Americana on New Solo Album
- Gene Simmons Banned From Fox News Headquarters… For Life